Coonchi Autism Martial Arts
Repetitive training movement
Acquired skills through CAMA
extend to all aspects of daily routine & life
Improved interaction with others,
communication skills, learning & behavioral skills
Many health benefits
physically, emotionally, & behavioral
Help detox naturally,
free-up blocked energy, & improve digestion
Theraputic training program taught to austic children and their parents, relatives, and friends with can help the child practice daily at home
Autistic children and teens, respond favorably to personal one-on-one, or even small group martial arts. By design, most martial arts require a lot of repetitive training, movement, and focus which autistic people have already accomplished. I see this as ‘like cures like’; do more repetitive activity to break out of repetitive activity. Martial arts begin with repetition of basic movements and form. Eventually children break out of this to become practical, skilled, focused, open minded, responsible, giving, humble, polite, etc. These traits and skills obtained through Coonchi Martial Arts Training extend to all aspects of our life and daily routines. Other skills acquired, include interaction with others,
communication, learning, behavioral skills, respecting one’s environment and others, and how we affect others through our behavior or lack of it. All skills learned through Coonchi Martial Arts Training can be transferred to our daily lives, and is proven remarkable for autistic children who enjoy marital arts training.
Coonchi is a martial art developed over a lifetime of training, learning, and teaching based on different types of martial arts from Japan, China, Russia, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Hawaii. Coonchi is synthesized, adjusted, and customized to the individual autistic child according to their capabilities, emotional state, and physical being working with and around their present limitations all the while setting realistic practical goals.
There are many physical and emotional health benefits developed from learning Coonchi:
- The autistic child or teen will have more energy, the ability to harness this energy, and use it towards producing skills within their lives. This newfound energy will help unblock stagnant areas of their mind and body.
- Coonchi can free up the autonomic and central nervous system. This unblocking, with the newfound energy, will increase blood flow where needed, and decrease blood flow where there may be too much. This results in adjusting and balancing the body and mind of the autistic child.
- Coonchi will help the mind and the brain through the use of the body. It will help the child to detox naturally, and to free up and cleanse the body and mind of accumulated toxins. Coonchi consequently helps to change their mind and brain patterning, to create the necessary behavioral changes.
- Coonchi teaches autistic children to learn better, learn to learn, absorb, be creative, and spontaneous. These acquired skills can be transformed to any and all of their life skills, whether it be at home or school. This is a complete body and mind approach to help the autistic child heal and make progress in their lives.
- Coonchi begins by teaching movements and simple forms without touch. Each movement and form is geared to each child or teen, with particular attention to their needs, limitations, etc and it changes over time as the child begins to progress. As the child becomes more comfortable with the movements, forms, and instructor, they begin to incorporate touch. In these movements, a back-and-forth side-to-side pattern following the instructor is when they begin to learn to break out of their space. They learn to share space with others, while touching in a safe way, arm-to-arm hand-to-hand. The Coonchi environment feels safe, and they easily flow into this.
- Coonchi Martial Arts benefits the child’s digestion as their bodies adjust to decreased toxins. It helps the nervous system function, and frees up blockages energetic and systematic. The child will feel better, and begin to change their behavior, with these newfound physiological improvements in their being.
- The Cooonchi Autism Martial Arts, is a therapeutic, training program, for those with autism and related disorders. This can be taught to autistic children and their parents, relatives and friends, who can then help, these autistic children practice this therapeutic program daily, at home.
Coonchi can be done and taught in the comfort of their homes, in a safe familiar environment where they learn these new skills, and improve their health and psyche. They begin to transfer what they learn from Coonchi, into their daily lives.
This paragraph was taken out of ‘The Autism Answer Book’ by William Stillman:
“Martial Arts offers children with autism and adults a training program that best suits their way of being, thinking that is very visual, lots of repetition, also sequential and incremental learning levels of achievement, designated by color, all in a manner that’s self contained and now competitive. Martial arts dictates slow deliberate methodical awareness of one’s limbs, as they relate to space, and to one another whether in motion, or holding a position. This registers heightened brain-body awareness for your child. There’s no rush, and participants may progress at their own pace and comfort level. Through martial arts of one form or another, many children with autism have experienced optimized benefits, while concurrently expanding their social and personal successes.”